The Dawson Opera House was designed by Henry C. Trost and erected in a Phelps Dodge employee city in the northeast quadrant of New Mexico, close to Raton. The building was erected in 1906 and demolished shortly after 1950 when the mines closed. The building was in a Mission Revival style.
Image 1 is from Wikipedia Commons; 2 and 3 are from the Carol and Dwight Myers Collection, at New Mexico State University; numero 4 is from the Denver Public Library; 5 and 6 are Google Earth screenshots accessed 7/16/2019. 2, 3 and 4 are via Legends of America (https://www.legendsofamerica.com)
|The building can be seen in the center of the right side of this image|
|1900, shortly after the town was built|
|A Google Earth shot of the valley that Dawson occupied. All that is left is the cemetary, which is registered in the National Register of Historic Places|
|A Google Earth screenshot showing where Dawson is in relation to Raton. Raton is at the top of the brown area to the right side of the image.|